About This Site
To facilitate the mandate of the Learning Communities Project, the website is a tool which aims to provide an interactive community network engagement, by providing a place to find out about learning opportunities and create a supportive network in the community and at a distance. The website will provide:
- Ongoing news and events that promote learning opportunities and initiatives both within the community and within the broader community network.
- A Learning Opportunities database that leads to understanding the myriad of distance and online programs available and where to access them.
- Community website portals for sharing educational community initiatives, stories, videos.
- An interactive mentoring portal called the Mentor Circle where participants in the mentoring program may communicate, create a private space, find out information, share stories, and get help and direction from community specialists.
- A Community Coordinators Network; a resource space to share information, input on questionnaires, suggestions and ideas that help community members prepare and be successful in their chosen learning goals.